A School Direct non-salaried course involves schools working in partnership with a range of providers, including some Universities, Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and School-Centred Initial Teacher Training Centres (SCITTs), to provide candidates with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) only or as well as a PGCE qualification.
For School Direct places starting in September 2020 we are working collaboratively with the Cambridge Teaching School Network (CTSN) SCITT to provide training. School Direct trainees will undertake placements at either a school within the Morris Education Trust or a school that is working in close collaboration with Morris TSA .
In partnership with the Cambridge Teaching School Network SCITT, Morris TSA offers non-salaried School Direct courses giving QTS and a PGCE from the University of Greenwhich or from Anglian Ruskin University . For secondary teacher training you will spend Monday to Thursday at your placement school and receive training from CTSN SCITT on Fridays at either Bottisham Village College or at King Edward VI School in Bury St Edmunds. For primary teacher training you will spend Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at your placement school and receive training from CTSN SCITT on Thursdays at either Trumpington Park Primary School, Cambridge or in Abbotts Green Community Primary School, Bury St Edmunds.
The Morris TSA provider code for UCAS is 2KV.
Non-salaried School Direct courses on offer from Morris TSA can be found here and are available in the following subjects:
Non-salaried School Direct Courses on offer by Morris TSA (2KV)
- Secondary Biology – 3F7K
- Secondary Chemistry – 3CYH
- Secondary Computing – 3CYT
- Secondary Design & Technology – 3F7M
- Secondary English – 3CZ3
- Secondary Geography – 3F7K
- Secondary History – 3CYK
- Secondary Mathematics – 3CYL
- Secondary Modern Foreign Languages (French with Spanish / French with German- 3CYM
- Secondary Physical Education – 3CYP
- Secondary Physics – 3CZ5
- Religious Education – 3CYW
- Drama – 3F7J
- Art & Design – 3F7L
- Business Studies – K965
- Primary – General – 3CZ7
- Primary (part time) – F332
- Primary with Maths (a B or higher in A Level Maths is required) – W758
Non-salaried Secondary School Direct route through CTSN SCITT
To be eligible to apply for the non-salaried secondary School Direct route you will need the following:
- A minimum of a 2.2 degree and at least 50% of your degree should be in the subject you wish to teach
- GSCE grade C / 4 in English and maths – and a science subject for primary trainees (equivalency tests are accepted)
Enquiries & Applications
For any queries please contact email@example.com.
All applications have to be submitted via the UCAS website. Please find further details on the UCAS website under provider code 2KV.